Friday, September 6, 2013

Fill a Bucket!


Do you read, Have You Filled a Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud to your class?
I read this story to my students during the first week of school. They really enjoyed the message and are still talking about filling buckets. I didn't focus on the dipping on buckets very much, so that my students would be focused on the positive message. After we read the story I had my students think of different ways they could fill someones bucket. Then we completed a writing activity that I found at Teacher Bits & Bobs. Each student was given a page to write how they would fill someones bucket and draw a picture. Next, we put all the pages together, created a title, and duck taped the edge to make a book. A picture of our book will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment